"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Time to go from FAT to FIT!

I am tired of being fat. I've always been afraid to exert myself too much while nursing, because I'm afraid of a dip in my milk supply. I know I'll lose the weight without trying once I wean, but I don't want the reason I wean to be because I'm tired of being over-weight. So, I'm starting small, using Wii Fit at least 30 minutes a day, at least 4 times a week. I'm currently on day 2. Yesterday, I did 30 minutes of the Wii Fit and then took a walk with my daughters. So far today, I've done 30 minutes, and I think I'll do some more since the day is still young. Dieting is going to be hard while taking domperidone, because it makes me hungry all the time. But I need to stop eating so much JUNK. I know that'll help.

Beginning Measurements (7/31/2011)
Starting weight: 191.5 lbs
Starting waist: 40 inches
Starting hips: 44 inches
Starting thighs: 27 inches (thickest part)
Starting arms: 13.5 inches

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat as you. Good news is that I haven't seen a dip in my supply yet! However, it is so hard not to eat all the time while taking the domperidone and some days I am just to plain tired to exercise. I have only lost a pound so far but feel myself becoming stronger and slightly more toned! I too have felt like I want to wean or stop taking the domperidone to lose weight, but I figure I can be fat for 1yr of my life to give my baby the best nutrition. Good Luck on your journey to lose weight!! Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to lower my dose of domperidone. It's not really doing anything for my supply, but I want it to keep my period away. I think I'll be taking 80mg a day, and I may wean it down even more.
    I'm just SOO much heavier than I need to be. I wouldn't mind being 30lbs over-weight, but at this point, it's ridiculous (for me, anyway.) I don't have any plans to wean, I just want to be a little thinner. I don't need to lose ALL the weight while nursing, because I doubt that'll happen. I just need to be SOMEWHAT thinner. :)

    ReplyDelete