"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

8 months!

We've made it 8 months, and we're going strong. It's amazing. I'm finally going to make it to a year (at LEAST!)
At 8 months, Rio hadn't been breastfed for 6 months.
At 8 months, Lulu was still nursing, but I was fighting a losing battle with my milk supply due to hormones.  I was so stressed out about my waning milk supply that I was just a few weeks away from weaning her. I was spending so much money on herbs and formula... Ugh.
What a difference! The SNS has really saved our nursing relationship. I am much more relaxed. I'm not competing with bottles. I don't have to worry that every nursing session may be our last, because Lola prefers a faster flow. I'm not downing herbs every couple of hours, and smelling like I live in an IHOP. I'm not ashamed to feed my baby in public (as I was when I had to top off with a bottle.) I have accepted my lot, and I've really come to terms with my IGT (aside from an occasional moment of anger or anguish.)
I am happy. My daughter is happy and healthy.
We're making it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment