"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Every Ounce Counts


I got to donate milk tonight! True, it wasn't much, but it is probably the only time I will have the opportunity to donate.
Kind of reminds me of the widow's mite, ha ha.

A friend of mine was desperately seeking breast milk for her niece, and I had a couple of bags of donor milk I'd been hanging onto in case Lola every got sick and would benefit from having all breast milk supplementation.

Well, no use hanging on to it for a just-in-case when someone needed it NOW, so I dug it out of the freezer, and found these two bags I'd pumped a few months ago.

Originally, my plan was to set aside an ounce every night to donate. But then I thought about it, and since I really never had an "extra" ounce, it would make more sense to just to keep whatever milk I could make and give it straight to my own baby. Selfish, maybe.

But I finally got to give back a little bit. A very little bit, ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Maybe someday I will be able to give back in that way. I have gotten hundreds, possibly thousands, of ounces of donor milk between two children, and I have cherished every ounce!

    ReplyDelete