"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

5 Months!

Lola is 5 months old today. She slept through the night last night (second time, ever.) I'm not sore anymore, although she still nips me at least a few times a day.
So weird. It feels like just yesterday we hit 4 months of nursing, but it feels like years ago that I was dealing with a miserable, constantly nursing newborn. I have a theory that the first 3 months with a baby DRAG on and on, but after the first 3 months, time flies.
It feels good to get some un(constantly)interrupted sleep for once. I knew this day would come. I also know she won't always sleep through the night, but now I know she CAN.
Happy 5 months, Lola!

3 comments:

  1. She looks so cute! What a great picture and very tasteful flower. The ones Ive seen that are bigger than the poor babys head irk me, but this one is super super cute!

    I wanted to share this with you, its my story of low milk supply and has a mention of you and your blog with a link to it. I hope you dont mind!

    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150261582211751

    Also, feel free to add me on facebook if you would like! :)

    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I'm at about half a supply, too. You're doing a great job, and doing the best you can for your baby, and you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the bow in the picture belonged to the photographer. I don't own any headbands for my girls, lol.

    ReplyDelete