"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Monday, August 22, 2011

PPD

I haven't written much lately, for a couple of reasons.
Part of it has to do with the fact that Lola has been teething, so she wants to be held most of the day. Part of it was, my husband was on vacation for a week and we were out a lot. Part of it is Lulu has entered the terrible twos. But, a bigger part is... postpartum depression.
I've dealt with this before. At least this time, I'm not suicidal. But the depression has been sucking the life/energy/patience out of me.
I don't know what I should do about it. I'm not sure if I should try anti-depressants for it or not. If it means weaning, I would definitely say "no." I can't really see how bad it is, though. I mean, it's bad enough that I've noticed I have it, but I'm not sure if it's so bad it's time to medicate. I don't do particularly well on anti-depressants, though they do seem to work for a little while. Then they mute all my emotions and it's as bad as being depressed. And it's a pain to come off of anti-depressants. So, I don't know.
Nursing is still going well. I'm rarely bitten anymore, and she's teething again.
Anyway, that's what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment