"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nursing Envy

It hit me, as I nursed my daughter to sleep with the help of our SNS... jealousy. Jealous of all the women with full milk supplies, who can meet all their babies' needs without help. Whose babies receive nothing but liquid gold, and take in nothing but what nature intended and I want to know WHY my babies were meant to go without. As any mom, I want what's best for my children. And I know all about the wonders of breast milk, and all the reasons why babies should be breastfed and I want to know WHY I have to know how wonderful and perfect breast milk is and be unable to provide enough to give my babies the perfect food, the food they were made to eat.
*Frustrated sigh.*
 I guess I should be thankful that, despite their varying amounts of breast milk intake, they are all so very healthy. And intelligent. And happy.
And that should be enough.



(But I'm still jealous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment