"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

I think it's time to wean off the domperidone. It's not doing much (if anything) for my supply, and it's going to seriously hinder my attempts at weight loss. I'm just hoping using the SNS will continue to stimulate my breasts enough that it'll keep my period away. And I'm seriously considering keeping "solid" foods to a minimum for the first year. I guess that's baby-led weaning (which is new to me.) Originally, I'd hoped that solid foods would replace the formula, but that's A LOT of baby food. Of course, I'm going to play it by ear, follow Lola's lead. I take comfort that every drop of breast milk is doing her good, so we're going to do whatever it takes to keep her nursing as long as she wants to. I just hope to be several sizes smaller before she weans!

No comments:

Post a Comment