"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Still Going Strong!

Almost 13 months of breastfeeding, and we're doing great!

Funny thing, it seems I make the same amount of milk whether I pump every 2 hours, or don't pump at all.
I am supplementing a little bit, between 4 and 9 ounces a day of organic cow's milk. For a while there, while I was pumping and giving her my pumped milk in the SNS, her wet diapers were not very wet, and her weight gain slowed tremendously. I have only pumped a few times since her birthday, and her wet diapers are wet again, and her weight gain is back on track.
I was so obsessed with pumping, I was spending more time with my pump than with my children. Now, I am free to enjoy nursing without stressing over every ounce.
We nurse often.
Lola is thriving, and loves nursing. Nothing brings a smile to her face faster than an offer of boobah.
I am feeling more energetic, and I've lost 12 pounds and counting! Woohoo! 

1 comment:

  1. So Awesome!!! You are such an inspiration to momma's with low milk supply!!

    ReplyDelete