"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guest Post: Breastfeeding Broke My Heart (link)

"Or, rather, the inability to truly breastfeed broke my heart. I wasn’t sure I’d be ready to tell my story for quite some time. I felt inspired, compelled to share it now, don’t know why…but here it is…
“You have insufficient glandular tissue.”  These words were spoken to me by my lactation consultant after what seemed like hours as she poked and prodded my breasts. I was three weeks in to being a new mommy and I was an emotional wreck.  Breastfeeding was going horribly…I was hardly producing any milk and despite all my attempts, I just couldn’t figure out why."

Click here for the rest of the story.

Read it, and weep.


If you have IGT, also known as hypoplastic breasts, and you'd like to share your story, please e-mail me at nyssaretter@gmail.com with the subject line "IGT moms."

No comments:

Post a Comment