"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Solid food

The last couple of days, Lola's dropped about an ounce (each) from two of her afternoon feedings. So, this evening, we skipped one of her supplemental feedings (as in, didn't use the SNS.) I nursed her, and then she fed herself some peas and carrots and peaches, and then I nursed her again. I have been trying not to push solid foods, because I don't want to risk hurting my supply at all, but she's an eager eater. I wasn't planning on doing baby-led weaning, as in letting her feed herself solid foods right from the start, but she prefers it. She certainly is a decisive baby! I'm just sitting back, and letting her take the reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment