"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The end is nigh.

The end of supplementing with formula or donor milk, that is. I'm only about 4 ounces away from ditching them.
But it's going to take work. It's going to take pumping almost hourly throughout the day. An empty breast fills faster than a full breast. Well, my milk production seems to slow down after an hour, so to maximize my output, I have to pump every hour, and feed her several pumpings' worth of milk in the SNS.
Lola gets to eat 3 meals a day of solid foods, and she loves it. She's realized she can take more than a sip out of her cup, and drinks when she's thirsty, so I'm not worried about leaving her dehydrated. Of course, if I have an extra low supply day, I will supplement with donor milk or formula for the next 2 months. And maybe donor milk for a little longer.
I think I can do this. I really think I can.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment