"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Sunday, November 27, 2011

When the going gets tough...

It's been a rough couple of days. My supply has definitely taken a hit. Besides the random PMS-like symptoms I keep getting, I've been running on little sleep, caring for two sick little girls, and not nursing as often as I'd like. Lola's been having a hard time nursing. Even with saline and suction, she's been so stuffed up, she can't breathe and nurse, and has to take frequent breaks. Other times, she winds up with coughing fits while trying to nurse. It's heart-wrenching.
I had a few desperate moments when I worried that this was going to spell the end of our nursing relationship. But, then I realized, we have the SNS! It isn't like before. I don't have to worry about bottles winning, because we don't use any! We're going to be okay.
Both Lulu and Lola are starting to feel better, but it's going to be an uphill battle to get my supply back up. Until today, I hadn't been able to pump to help make up the difference. So, now that the girls are feeling better and I have a little more time to myself, I'll be working on building my supply back up, with pumping and consulting my Mother Food book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment