"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Giving up, Giving in.

I'm giving up trying to feed her the donor breast milk. I have to wait until she's ravenously hungry to get her to drink it, and that's going to affect my own supply. Plus, we've both been miserable. She was happy and gaining well on my milk and formula, I think we'll stick with what we know, and what we're good at.
At least I know she prefers me over everything else. I tried to offer her a bottle of formula after trying to get her to drink some donor milk, and she refused the bottle, but latched right on. If only mommy could make enough.
My husband thought I was giving up breastfeeding altogether when I told him I was going to buy more formula. "No way!" I told him, "As long as she'll have me, I'm going to give her what I can."
It's the least I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Keep going with your gut and doing what's working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well- you tried! Just keep her happy and you'll be happy that she's happy. My girls have never had a bottle they wouldn't/won't take one always refused- so the fact she rejected one for you is awesome! She loves nursing! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete