"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hard to believe the same baby who was refusing to nurse on Monday was refusing the bottle and nursing for longer periods yesterday. She only took the bottle as a last resort, after nursing thoroughly on both sides, twice. She hasn't done that in weeks, she was always too frustrated with the breast after the let-down ended.
I've upped my dosage of domperidone to 50 mg, 4 times a day. I mean, can it really hurt? If it doesn't significantly increase my supply, I'll drop back down to 40 mg, 4 times a day.
I want to get some goat's rue again. I haven't used it since struggling to breastfeed Lulu, 2 years ago, and I wasn't a huge fan because it made my blood sugar drop and I ate all the time. But the domperidone has already made me gain weight, so what the heck? Might as well try and grow some more breast tissue.

2 comments:

  1. This blesses my heart to read. :) Glad to hear progress is still happening. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete