"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Monday, May 23, 2011

Well, today was no 7 ounce day, but we got up before the crack of dawn, and she always seems to take more formula the earlier we get up. I'm okay with it. Email Dr. Jack Newman today. He suggested using an SNS to supplement, but it's such a serious pain in the butt, and the tape tears me up. I can't get her to latch with the tube in her mouth without the tape, and I can't stick the tube in her mouth after she latches, because she just lets go. Then we're both frustrated and that doesn't do anyone any good. We're doing well with how we're doing it, I guess I thought Dr. Newman might have some new advice for me. *Sigh.*
The videos on his website made me cry. Mostly because I have a "nibbler" and not a "really good drinker," even though Lola has a great latch. It's not her fault, it's mine.
I hope, some day, the ache in my heart goes away.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a fantastic job with her, momma! As a fellow nurser who has to supplement, I know your pain! But you are doing SO much for her! You are giving her SO much!!!

    My son is almost five months and I'm happy to say I've stuck with it, despite using formula also. The snuggles we get, the looks I get from him make it ALL worthwhile, even if I don't have a full supply for him. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete