"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's nearly 4 pm, and Lola just went down for a nap. She hasn't had any formula since 10:30 this morning, and then, she only had an ounce. Before that, she had 2 ounces at 8 am.
This is different.
Have I been forcing her to take more formula then she actually needs? She wouldn't be starving herself, would she?
I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do now. Keep offering, even if she refuses? She's been nursing really well, the last two days, she's napped while actively nursing the whole time. She's content after feedings and alert between naps. Am I really making that much more milk? I want to feel happy, but instead, I feel worried. Worried that I'm NOT actually making that much more milk, and she'll keep refusing the bottle, and then what do I do? Have a sickly baby? Hire a wet-nurse?

1 comment:

  1. If she is happy and content after feedings you very well could be making more milk than you think you are!

    Give it a day or 2 and see how she is doing. You are awesome and taught me the fontanel thing- so I think you'll notice right away if something isn't right.

    ReplyDelete